Positions are located throughout Australia from urban areas like Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth to more relaxed and remote locations like Tasmania, the Whitsunday Islands and Ayers Rock.
Length: 4 years
About This Program
Australia is looking for skilled culinary professionals to work in world-class resorts, restaurants, bars, and hotels. If you’re enthusiastic, adventurous, experienced, and want to discover life in the land known for beautiful beaches, rugged outback, and sophisticated cities, you’re the perfect candidate for this fantastic opportunity. This is an international experience of a lifetime.
AAG can help you get started with an amazing career in an incredible country. Our local team in Australia, we’ll help you every step of the way: matching you with the right position and employer, providing visa and migration assistance, and preparing you for your life in Australia.
Your spouse and children may also be eligible to accompany you during your stay.
What will I be doing?
Based on your qualifications and prior work experience, you will be placed in one of the high-end, luxury resorts, 4 and 5-star hotels, or popular restaurants in Australia. We work closely with all our Host Employers to ensure the best possible experience. Australian Host Employers are looking for the following level of chefs:
- Chef de Partie
- Sous Chef
- Head Chef
- Executive Chef
- Mike Jordan from Malaysia
Working abroad is the best experience. You learn about the culture, the lifestyle and about independence.
What This Program Includes
Job secured before arriving in Australia so you know exactly where you are going and you begin earning right away.
Resume and Interview Preparation
We help you with your resume and interview preparation so you make a great first impression and feel confident and ready for your interview.
We work with you in advance to prepare you for your adventure in Australia and provide you with an orientation.
Complementary hostel accommodation for five nights upon arrival in country. (Extended stays can be arranged at the participant’s expense).
24/7 emergency support for the duration of the program
Australian employers will sponsor skilled workers that meet the temporary work (skilled) visa (TSS) requirements:
- Education: Applicants must have a culinary or hospitality degree from an approved institution.
- Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Language: Applicants must have a strong English level and pass a standardized English proficiency test.
- Health: Applicants must have a chest X-ray to meet health and safety requirements.
- Insurance: The Australian government requires medical insurance. Together with our insurance partner, we help you find the correct required coverage.
- Visa & Passport: Applicants must be eligible for a TSS visa and meet the Australian character requirements. A valid passport is also required.
What this program offers?
Under the Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa (subclass 482), employers will sponsor you for up to 4 years.
- Earn a minimum starting salary of AUD $53,900 per annum plus superannuation
- Live and work in Australia for up to 4 years
- Develop your professional skills in a multicultural environment
- Enhance your resume with international work experience
- Bring your spouse and children*
*Please note that additional fees and conditions may apply.
e.g. you must have proof of marriage and dependents must be under 18 years of age.
|Australian Skilled Profesional Program fee |
[Up to 4 years]
For further information on this program, please email: email@example.com
- Application fee
- Profiling and host company matching
- Interview preparation
- Visa and legal fees
- Orientation services
- 5-night hostel stay upon arrival
- Set up of bank account, tax file number, and health insurance
- Local support and 24/7 emergency support throughout the participant’s stay.
- Return flights to Australia
- 12 months compulsory health insurance (approximately $17 AUD per week)
- Rent, meals, general living expenses
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
Fees specific to your placement will be outlined in the Alliance Abroad Program Disclosure Document.
Alliance Abroad advises that you bring at least $2,000 to cover your initial living expenses prior to receiving your first paycheck. Please note that the recommended amount does not include housing expenses.
Prices can change without notice
Frequently Asked Questions
The program costs AUD$8,000. or the equivalent in your local currency. (Prices are subject to changes)